The 24th Midsumma Pride March returned to St Kilda on Sunday 3 February 2019 - see 2019 Midsumma Pride March for details or Midsumma Pride March 2019 Marching Order for the list of groups marching. The 25th Midsumma Pride March will be back in St Kilda in 2020, starting at 11am on Sunday 2 February 2020.
Parade, pride and party come together once a year in Melbourne's iconic march celebrating solidarity in gender and sexuality diversity. A chance to tie up your bootlaces or throw on your heels, and join the spectacular act of unity that is Midsumma Pride March. Whether you join the fanfare by foot or by wheel, with workmates or with family, with friends or with lovers, as ally or as queer, Midsumma Pride March is for you.
Kicking off with the much-loved pre-march procession by Dykes on Bikes followed by thousands of marchers led by Midsumma's Indigenous Pride Float. The celebration continues after the march with post-Pride Celebrations at the end of the parade route.
The steps for participating in Midsumma Pride March are:
- READ the information below.
- TALK to us if you have any queries. Midsumma can be reached on 03 9296 6600 or [email protected].
- COMPLETE your registration by the closing date (early December for marchers; mid November for vehicles).
- DONATE to Midsumma (optional). Every dollar goes directly to making Midsumma Festival and events like Midsumma Pride March a reality.
- CHECK your inbox in late December for an email with the Pride March order, arrival tips and info pack.
- ATTEND the Participants Briefing at St Kilda Town Hall or watch online.
- DRESS fabulously and we'll see you on Sunday 3 February for Midsumma Pride March!
Read on for vital information about participating in the march.
Talk to us if you have any queries. Midsumma can be reached on 03 9296 6600 or [email protected].
Registrations to march in Midsumma Pride March closed on Monday 3 December 2018.
NB - Registrations to participate with a vehicle in 2019 closed on Monday 19 November 2018.