How it Works
Express Your Interest
For your food and beverage business to be involved with any of Midsumma Festival’s signature events, you must first fill out an Expression of Interest (EOI) form. The Midsumma Food Vendor Selection Panel will determine successful applications based on specific criteria to ensure the offering to event attendees is diverse, affordable and caters to all tastes.
Operating at Midsumma events is highly desirable for most vendors and unfortunately we are not able to accommodate all requests, so please take the time to tell us about your best assets in this EOI.
Midsumma Carnival: Sunday 14 January 2018
Midsumma Pride March: Sunday 28 January
Successful applications are then offered the following at one or more of our signature events:
- Space for your truck / van / trailer to operate
- Optional space for a cool room (must specify within initial application)
- Access to power
- Access to water
- Reimbursement for Volunteer Food Vouchers used during the event
How to Apply
- READ the information provided about the selection process and vendor fees.
- TALK to us if you have any queries. Midsumma can be reached on 03 9296 6600 or [email protected].
- SELECT clear images of your vehicle to upload with your application, along with a copy of your Public Liability Insurance.
- REGISTER online by Friday 29 September 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted and submissions with incomplete information will not be considered.
Applications received within the registration period are reviewed by a selection panel after the registrations close. During the review, panel members will be looking for a diverse range of food vendors so as to provide optimal and appropriate options for our attendees, volunteers and staff.
Key Criteria considered during this phase include:
- Transparent menu listing
- Affordable pricing options
- Sustainable/’Green’ practices
- Clear communication
Successful applications will be contacted shortly after this time to confirm their spot. Initial applications will be reviewed for our key events Midsumma Carnival, Midsumma Pride March and Midsumma Horizon. Other events may arise during the Festival in which your contact details will be kept for reference.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions received, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Vendor Pricing Options
Below are the prices associated with being involved at a Midsumma Festival event. Your operating space is inclusive of your cool room and any back of house space you may require.
Midsumma are unable to guarantee attendance numbers since, due to the nature of events, they are subject to factors outside of our control.
All prices are GST inclusive. All vendors are required to use the power supplied by Midsumma and are not permitted to use their own generator unless otherwise specified in writing by the Midsumma Production Manager.
- Contact details
- Menu details
- Vehicle & coolroom (if relevant) dimensions and total footprint required
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Promotional photos
Registrations to be a Food Vendor for the 2018 Midsumma Festival have now closed.
Important Note: We recommend that you use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (on Apple devices). You should receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of submitting your application. If not, try going back in your browser and double-checking that you have entered the correct information in the email and email confirmation fields.
Please note: You cannot partially fill in your registration form and return to it later. Please ensure you have all of the elements required ready to go when you commence registration.