How it Works
Express Your Interest
For your food and beverage business to be involved with any of Midsumma Festival’s large outdoor events, you must first fill out an Expression of Interest (EOI) form. Midsumma will determine successful applications based on specific criteria to ensure the offering to event attendees is diverse, affordable, caters to all tastes, and is in line with Midsumma Festival’s organisational values.
Operating at Midsumma Festival events is highly desirable for most vendors and unfortunately we are not able to accommodate all requests, so please take the time to tell us about your best assets.
Midsumma Carnival: Sunday 20 January 2019
Midsumma Pride March: Sunday 3 February 2019
Successful applications may then be offered the following at one or more of these events:
- Space for your truck / van / trailer to operate
- Access to power
- Access to water
- Reimbursement for Volunteer Food Vouchers used during the event
How to Apply
- READ the information provided about the selection process and vendor fees.
- TALK to us if you have any queries. Midsumma can be reached on 03 9296 6600 or [email protected].
- SELECT clear images of your vehicle to upload with your application, along with a copy of your Public Liability Insurance.
- REGISTER online by COB Friday 28 September 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted and submissions with incomplete information will not be considered.
Successful food vendor applications are based on the following criteria:
- Transparent menu listing
- Affordable pricing options
- Sustainable/'Green' practices
- Clear communication of business practices
- Diversity of food options across the event
Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after registrations close to confirm their acceptance for Midsumma Carnival and/or Midsumma Pride March. Other event opportunitiess may arise during the festival for which your contact details will be kept for reference.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions received, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Vendor Pricing Options
Below are the prices associated with being involved at a Midsumma Festival event. Your operating space is inclusive of your cool room and any back of house space you may require.
Midsumma are unable to guarantee attendance numbers since, due to the nature of events, they are subject to factors outside of our control. We will be able to provide you with estimates to assist with your planning.
Midsumma Carnival: Trading Hours 11am - 9pm
Up to 3m x 6m space: $900
More than 6m space: $1,200
Midsumma Pride March: Trading Hours TBC
All spaces: $700
Please note: trading hours are approximations and further detail will be provided as part of your contract should you be selected by Midsumma Festival.
Costing for other Midsumma events, if the opportunity arises, will be on a case by case basis.
1 x 15Amp Outlet: $60
Additional power can be supplied upon request. This is detailed in the EOI form.
All prices are GST inclusive. All vendors are required to use the power supplied by Midsumma and are not permitted to use their own generator unless otherwise specified in writing by Midsumma. To discuss this email [email protected].
- Contact details
- Menu details (item, price, allergy information)
- Vehicle and coolroom (if required) dimensions, and total footprint required
- Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
- Promotional photos