Midsumma Australia Post Art Prize
New World: Everyone has a vision for the future.
Utopic or dystopic? Hopeful or hapless? Together or apart?
See works by the finalists of the Australia Post Art Prize as they respond to the 2017 theme New World. This exhibition provides interrogative and imaginative offerings for the future of LGBTQIA+ peoples.
Now in its second year, the Midsumma Australia Post Art Prize is a nation-wide non-acquisitive award open to early-career and established artists working in any medium.
Finalists of the 2017 Midsumma Australia Post Art Prize:
John Brooks | Rochelle Duke | Lauren Dunn | Léuli Eshraghi | Emma Ferguson | Goldie | Brent Harrison | Justin Hinder | Selwyn Hoffmann | Natalie Jeantou | Jessica Johnson | Natasha Madden | Rafaella McDonald | Jimmy Nuttall | Rachel Jessie-Rae O'Connor | Mark Payne | J. Rosenbaum | Dalton Stewart
And the prize winners are:
• Australia Post Art Prize: $2000 J. Rosenbaum
• Midsumma Art Prize*: $1000 Rafaella McDonald
• Star Observer Prize: $500 Natalie Jeantou
• People's Choice Award: $500 Dalton Stewart
* Midsumma Art Prize is donated by Martin Foley MP, Member for Albert Park, Minister for Equality (Victorian Artist only)