Midsumma is committed to presenting an annual arts and cultural festival that, within a safe and healthy environment, celebrates the pride and diversity of Victoria's lesbian, gay and allied communities.
The Board of the Midsumma Festival Inc aims to produce an annual arts and cultural festival that:
- is inclusive of and responsive to the lesbian, gay, queer, bisexual, transgendered and pansexual sections of the community;
- supports and encourages all community activities it perceives as having cultural relevance within the community;
- promotes opportunities for new artistic talent;
- is diverse and challenging; is committed to excellence;
- educates the community to become consumers of lesbian and gay arts and culture;
- more broadly promotes lesbian and gay arts and culture in Melbourne, Victoria and Australia;
- is recognised as a principal arts and cultural festival interstate and internationally;
- establishes and builds strategic alliances with other marginalised arts and cultural communities including indigenous and multicultural communities;
- maximises access and equality and
- is financially responsible.